Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bucket baths, Bracelets and beach cover-ups

You can tell I'm not a blogger. I like the title to be alliterative for some reason. The couple of blogs I've read before must have done that. Susan and I had a great day today! She let me sleep until 10:00 even though we had planned to get an early start. I got more sleep last night than the two nights before combined. The night before I stayed up really late with my friend, Sarita, who had travelled from Mussoorie to be with us. She is a pastor's wife there and has no good friend to share freely with. It was wonderful and sweet and sad to hear her share her heart about many things. I look forward to getting back to a secure email so I can ask some folks to pray for her and her family.

After my nice sleep, I had a bucket bath. That's all I took when we lived in India. Even though then I would have given anything for a daily shower, it feels great when I'm back to fill a bucket, dip a plastic pitcher into it and try to get everything clean from one nice, warm bucket!

Our day was great because we were both rested and relaxed. God continues to remind us each morning to not just pray for our day and all the things that we hope happen, but also just to worship Him and acknowledge that this is his land whether it feels like it or not.

OK -- back to the "b's"! We were not going to get so much jewelry this trip. We're tired of the same jewelry. But we found some really fun bracelets. It was an especially tough bargaining time with a guy neither of us liked too much, but we hung in there and got some really interesting and wonderful fall bracelets as well as these spring and summer ones. This is just a small sampling on my small arm.


Now for the beach cover-ups or sarongs! These are just a very few of lots of great colors and styles. We picked these out earlier this week and then also found some very fun striped silk ones that are still at the store. Some days we cannot even carry everything we have bought. Susan is the pack horse of the two of us, which she does to be kind to my back which hasn't hurt at all! These make me want to think about buying a solid color swimsuit. This year I might buy my suit to match my sarong instead of the other way around.

Only three more days left for us. Today we talked about buying a flat in Delhi so we can come and go often. How bout it Jim and Houston??




No comments:

Post a Comment